Conditions Treated By Our Veterinarian in Overland Park
As your pet’s veterinarian in Overland Park KS, Blue Valley Animal Hospital believes it is important for your pet to see the same veterinarian for the duration of his or her life. To make this possible, we provide a full range of pet services for our pet patients. We pride ourselves in our status as a full-service veterinary clinic in Overland Park. We treat pet conditions that affect pets of all ages, from birth through the end of life.
Providing Treatment for a Range of Conditions in Overland Park
- Arthritis - Arthritis is a common problem that can affect older dogs and cats. Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints that can make walking, running and climbing painfully for your dog or cat. We can help your pet suffering from arthritis by treating his or her condition with medication. We also help pets by advising their owners about lifestyle changes that can help their animal friends get around the house comfortably.
- Urinary tract infection - Urinary tract infection can be a particularly common problem in dogs. We help pet owners identify when their dog is suffering from a urinary tract infection, and administer prompt treatment for pets in need. Frequent urination, blood in the urine and whining during urination are common symptoms of UTI in pets. Once we’ve diagnosed UTI in dogs, dietary changes and antibiotics can help treat this problem.
- Lacerations and wounds - Pets who get into fights and pets who have accidents may suffer from lacerations and wounds. For these pets, we clean wounds and provide stitches when necessary.
- Heartworms and parasites - The best way to protect your pet from heartworm disease and parasites is through prevention. We prescribe special medicines that can help protect your pet from heartworm disease, and we test pets regularly for heartworms and parasites. If we detect infection, we’ll treat your pet.
- Ear infections - Dogs and cats, especially dogs with long, floppy ears, can experience ear infections. For pets that experience chronic ear infections, we prescribe medication and advise patients to keep their pet’s ears clean and dry.
- Allergies - Allergies are a common problem among cats and dogs. Just like people, pets may be allergic to pollen, dander, dust and a variety of foods. At Blue Valley Animal Hospital, we help pet owners identify which allergens are affecting their pets, so they can limit their pet’s exposure to these allergens at home. In addition, we prescribe medications to help soothe the skin and reduce other allergy symptoms in pets who are most affected by allergies.
Contact Us to Make an Appointment With Our Local Overland Park VeterinarianToday!
If your pet is suffering from any one of the conditions above, or if your pet is suffering from another condition, contact Blue Valley Animal Hospital today. As your pet’s vets near Overland Park KS, we can help your pet recover from his or her conditions and enjoy a healthier life overall. For more information or to make an appointment, contact us at 913-681-2818.